Sunday, January 12, 2014

We were - Exploring options

Welcome back to the crazy were-adventures of Accalia and Faelan Lowell.
When we left them they were sleeping the sleep of the exhausted. As you do when you just spent the first 2 days in a new town running around from place to place.





No, she wasn't done sleeping yet. I woke her up to have her change back to human form. Mean, I know, but I have a good reason. Because sleeping in werewolf form supposedly doesn't raise the energy level as quickly, or so I heard. We shall test this. But not now.


There, love. Sleep while you can. You'll need it.


For good measure I got Faelan too (though rocking chairs are pretty much energy goldmines!).

Cute face. Nicely done, Faelan.  ;)


Poor little guy. I'm a mean, mean simmer.


Somehow I never noticed that his eyes are the exact same shade as his t-shirt... huh.

In my defense, he's the result of some genetic experimenting in CAS. ^^ And those eyes are from his daddy.


Of course Accalia took over her son's place as soon as he was off to school.
But not for long... A short while later she was literally starving (or 'hungry like a wolf' as the moodlet says I believe). And we had no fish left in either of their inventories.
Not a prayer that she would catch anything herself in the short time we had left (with her zero skill points), so...


... with great reluctance I sent her over to the groceries store for the cheapest food they had.


Which turned out to be goldfish.
Look closely at her face though. ^^

Accalia: "I'm so hungry my tongue is glitching through my lip!"

(Also: Remind me to look into getting rid of that fade. It's annoying as hell!)


Ugh!

And now we really need to remedy that skill situation!





This hair-growth montage was brought to you by my forgetfulness.
I hope you enjoyed this almost pointless interlude.

NOW we fish!


Accalia dear, with that face you're going to frighten the fish...


School's out and Faelan (like the good boy he is) comes straight over to his mom to keep her company. ... While she doesn't catch a thing.


Which he most assuredly isn't.


Hey, finally! First catch for Accalia!
You can tell by the lighting how long it took... (Angler trait, yeah right!)

She caught another inedible toad, while Faelan got a luminous salamander which is surprisingly not. Inedible, that is. I would have expected it to be.


Eerie light! That can only mean one thing around here: It's the full moon!
And we're going for a shower. ^^ Which of course is very relevant.


Faelan got lost on the way and decided to do his homework instead. On the sidewalk. Because that's totally normal.


I finally got him to the pool.


His mom is long done and decided to have a drink while she waits.

(That light is killing me. So bright! My eyes!)


But she got bored and started attacking this innocent chair. It didn't even look at her funny or anything!
Okay, I admit it. She had the wish and I wanted to see how it would look.

*No permanent harm was inflicted in the production of this picture.*


Look, there's someone else in the alchemy shop for once!


Oh, you like?

Maybe we can add him to our pack.


Well! Someone didn't catch on to the whole furry deal...

Faelan: "It's the full moon. What did he expect?"


But he does have some fight in him after all.


Just not enough. Yay! :D





Awesome! One down, four to go! *does happy dance*



Garrick is not amused. Well, too bad. XD

(Just so you know... I have no idea how the odds are on turning other sims. That's another thing to explore.)


I was holding off on getting a job until after the full moon so now it was definitely time to take care of that. As you can see I decided to go with the groceries store for the first one (there are sure to be more). Though it looks more like Accalia is going to rob the place rather than apply for a job.


This cracks me up! 'Most special addition' indeed! XD

Though how they are gonna manage the hygiene regulations... I'd imagine shed fur in the food wouldn't be good for business, but what do I know, it's The Sims.


Favorite napping spot. Check.


Faelan was invited over to the Durwood's place after school.
You remember Rick, right? Well, way back there at the end of the street... that's Rick's daughter Zoe. She invited Faelan over, yet she preferred to go home on her bike while he took the bus.... yeah.


They do have a nice house though! I'll have to keep that in mind.


Accalia suddenly developed an error and was reset. Which reminded me that I didn't show you their 'home' properly. Let me remedy that right now.



Not too bad, I think. But then landscaping is easy, it's actual buildings that confound me.


This little nook is where my weres were ( ;) ) supposed to sleep, if they were ever home at night, which so far hasn't happened.


And here you can see where I tucked the mailbox and rubbish bin out of sight. They just don't fit very well with this whole 'old park' theme, you know. ;)


She caught a snake, a Malayan Krait. Which I most definitely would not handle like that! OMG, no! It's one of the deadliest snakes in the world!

Well, perhaps this one's an escaped pet, a de-venomed one.


She also caught a nuthatch. I gave it to Faelan, because birds will not escape from the inventory and they're good to have around in case the sim needs some social interaction.


Speaking of Faelan, he does what every sim child does when left to his own devices: Homework.
Well, at least he's making friends with Zoe too?


Faelan: "The real world. This is not it."

Zoe: *is shocked at the thought*


It was then that I noticed the time and that Accalia should have been at work by now, except she wasn't and didn't evidence any concern about the matter. Well, duh! I forgot that sims don't work on the same they're hired. *cue facepalm*  And tomorrow is Leisure Day* too! *cue headdesk*

*the summer holiday (each season has one) which means no work, obviously.

We just got that one day warning about the bills! We need money, dammit! 


Desperate times call for desperate measures, so I sent her to enter the trivia contest at the Vault of Antiquity.
Please, Accalia, win us some money!

(I really really hope this is 'legal' by the rules of this challenge! I didn't find anything that it was otherwise.)


XD


Intriguing question! Maybe we'll try that out with Faelan someday (when he's old enough). ;)



So? How did it go?



O.O

*blinks*

Okay, wildest dreams? Exceeded! *party* Accalia, I love you!


This picture: Just because it's beautiful.

*cough* Back to business.


I realized that even if gardening is less than practical for us right now we can still get some veggies by harvesting them around town. Good! We'll need those for our elixirs.


Faelan is still at the Durwood's, playing tag with Zoe and her twin brother Zack.
 

He gets along even better with Zack than he does with his sister.

Hm, maybe we could stay over tonight?



Yes, we can!

That kitten by the way is also named Zoe, Zoe Caliente, which must mean she has been adopted by the kids' grandma Doreen (who is apparently pretty much a dragon) because she's the only one (left) by that last name in the family. Fascinating! (And telling?)


Accalia introduces herself to the twins' mother in hopes that she'll be invited too.


Meanwhile Rick came home and was immediately pounced on by his daughter. ^^ I imagine she's welcoming her daddy home? D'awwws.

Rick: "My daughter is a sweetheart."

Agreed.


This is the first bed Faelan has ever seen!



Faelan: zzzzz So much better than a bench. zzzzz

Poor little guy! (Though to be fair he's never slept on a bench either,)


Argus! What are you doing?
Well, he certainly didn't wait around long, did he?


Accalia corners Samantha.... err, Serena in the bathroom to get that permission to spend the night.

Accalia: *gossips*


Only a few minutes later and she already knows. O.o Yay, for psychic powers?

I guess at least she knows what she's dealing with now. Not that she's been showing any indications for even wanting to 'deal'... Kind of a pity, really.



But these two do seem to get along.

And this is where I notice something. Look at Serena's face. See the lines? Well, she's an adult. Accalia doesn't have those lines which means I forgot to switch from young adult to adult while making her. *headdesk*

Ah well, it'll just take a little longer this way is all.



So, staying over: Can she? Or can't she?

Serena: "Sure, make yourself at home."

Thanks, we will. XD



Accalia shows her appreciation by putting the leftovers away (we try to be good guests after all)


... before appropriating their alchemy station for the night.


My, that was quick! 


Morning already.

Rick: *Leisure Day... no work... what will I do?*

Zack: *Geez, dad! Get a grip, will you?*


Eyupp, she's still at it.
Faelan seems to approve though. He's trying to make friends with his new best friend's dad now. Who'll be next? Serena? Doreen? The cat?



Oh look! More Cumplebottom news! Aww, the guy who claims to be descended from the Grimm Brothers and wants to follow in their footsteps bagged himself a real witch. That's sweet, he got his wish, kinda.



Oh. Whoops.

Yeah, that's our little park. And that's a repo-man, or -woman in this case. I guess I forgot about those bills after all... my bad. ~~


But is she...?


Yes! She is!
A  repo-vamp-lady! Wow, that's fun! (Didn't know that could happen.)


She took one of our bushes, I think? (Well, have fun with that...)


But she also took that bench. Which we might possibly miss later on. Oh well.

Right, this is all I have for now. Except... I have a couple of questions for my you, my readers:

First, I'm thinking of adding a rule that attempts to turn other sims can only happen during the full moon (because I think it might be too easy otherwise). Your thoughts?
I will also accept nominations for any sim you'd like to see turned. I'm not sure we can turn other occults (sims that are already witches, vamps, fairies etc.) but we'll try.

Second, I won't be selling anything that can also be found by a hunting werewolf (gems, metals, insects), even if it was found through other means. It's just too easy to get confused about what came from where. Also I won't sell anything you can grow in a garden, because that feels cheaty to me  But what are your thoughts on selling minor pets (birds, snakes, rodents, lizards and turtles) that we catch? They are not huntable by werewolves, so no chance for confusion there, and while some of them can be quite valuable (up to $1000 I believe), they are also rare and take a certain skill-level to catch.I don't think it's quite as easy to get rich by hunting these pets as it is by collecting gems and metals. Though I don't know, maybe restrict it some more by putting a limit on how many pets can be sold in a certain time?
I won't be hunting these pets in any systematic way, but I do want to be able to say when I come across one "Hey, thanks for that ,game.We can use it.". I'll be glad for any opinions you might have on the matter!

Until next time!
Happy simming!



5 comments:

  1. Bear in mind that I'm not familiar with Sims 3, but I see no issue with selling pets. :)

    I'm glad Faelan made some friends! And it looks like Accalia is getting along well enough with the mother. Who knows, maybe they could turn the whole family (though, if they did, would the family have to come live at the park? It would be a shame to give up that big house!).

    Pity about Argus. But maybe Accalia can impress a new guy with her mad trivia skills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faelan needs some company besides his mom for sure. Poor guy got the short end of the stick, being dragged into this whole nomadic lifestyle will he, nill he. But so far I managed to take care of him rather well. He's rarely in the red (or near it) with any of his needs and he's nice enough to roll easy wishes for me to fullfill. ^^ *knocks on wood*

      I might try to convert at least Zack, though he and his family (except Rick) are already witches. Not sure that's gonna interfere, but testing will tell. And no, the rules say we may only move in sims we turned (or ones that were wolves already) but not that we have to. If it did I'd probably hold off on changing anyone till near the end of the challenge. XD Me and big households are not friends. I can't handle them. Not when I have goals to accomplish at any rate. ^^

      Thank you,Van! <3

      Delete
  2. Loving this!

    I woud have thought selling found things was OK, but check with Inujade. LOVE the vampire repo. Dayes are moving to Moonlight Falls soon and I can't wait to get there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg! *does happy dance*

      Thank you! I feel honored. So glad you're enjoying this!

      Hehe, vamp-girl is pretty cool. I really like her. Maybe I can get Accalia to meet her around town somewhere. I'll definitely keep my eyes peeled!

      Ooooooh, the Dayes to hit Moonlight Falls! I can't wait!
      (Will there be fairies? I hope there will be fairies! )

      Thank you, Rad!

      Delete
  3. Thank you both for your input! Inujade agrees, so that makes 4 of us. ^^ Minor pets are thus fair game. Yay!

    ReplyDelete